Monday, November 4, 2013

Why do I love Drama?

There are varies reasons as to why I love and enjoy drama, Mostly because I think I am really good at acting as my classmates would say. I always loved and enjoyed drama ever since I was small but I don't really remember from when exactly, probably grade 4 or 5. This was before I was in ISD, whenever we had drama classes I would always volunteer and people would always choose me to be a part of their small little act. And honestly since I really look forward to drama classes I intend to work hard and if I get a bad grade in drama I would be really annoyed and sad, because drama is my thing. Anyway in Grade 6 and 7, I had this teacher who loved me a lot, the only female he loved because rest of the girls were too shy. Then I changed school and came to ISD. Grade 8 was my first year, so I was a bit shy and then I got used to it. Since I like this subject so much I wasn't as shy as I thought and I had Ms. Jen like me. My favorite unit was commedia dell'arte, which is also the only unit I remember. This is probably the funny bit, in grade 8 we had to take both visual art and drama, so I took Visual art as my high school subject since I was equally good at both of these subjects, but instead of art I got drama and If I look back, do I regret that change? no - not at all. Grade 9 I had Dr. grey take my drama classes and this is where it took a huge turn in my life. I decided to do the middle school play and I got the leading role. the play has helped me to bond with new people, to work collaboratively with them, to be committed, to memorize my lines and I pushed my limits. At times I would feel like quitting the play but then again I would say to myself. " last year you chickened out, this time you can't" and this helped a lot. The leading roles are always hard because you have to memorize a lot of lines and basically everyone is counting on you and you have to carry the entire play, It is not an easy job. But after the final production, I felt infinite and I never felt so achieved in my life and I promised myself that no matter what I will be a part of a high school play every year and I am committed and  I will do this, This is probably one of my high school dream that I really want to achieve. Drama is demanding and is hard and sometimes you have to push the limits and I love doing that or else I wouldn't have made this promise. This is how much I really love this subject. And even next year I really want to take HL drama and I think I can because last year I got a  7 and this year, I really want to get 7. But I have a feeling I can't because I am not good at comedy or making people laugh on my own. There are a few type of people. those who can easily make people laugh but can't remain composed in a drama act and there are those who can't make people laugh but can remain composed, this is me. And lastly someone who is good at almost everything, which is technically shubham. But I love drama and I always try to make it real as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment