Thursday, December 12, 2013

Costume Ideas

 These are some of my costume designs for the characters I have
chosen. and I'll start with the main character Lizzie Borden. I've done only four characters for this play and the rest of them are done by peers.

Lizzie seems like a social awkward person and she seems like the type who gets picked up on a lot. So I thought about making her dress really simple not only because of her personality but also the action she carries out in the play. For example she murders her stepmother's cat so she'll have blood all over her dress therefore a light blue with a white apron is the best idea. As for her hair, It would be tied into a bun

Rachel seems like the girly type who loves to dress up. since she carries a doll around with her all the time, I thought about making her dress red. she also seems a bit spoiled and a bit nosy so I think red would best define her. She wears two pigtails(curly hair) and has a red bow on her head, this will make her look cute. And about the doll, I thought about a bunny instead.

Frances seems like the intelligent type who thinks logically before solving any problems. someone you would find in a detective story. Anyway she dress smartly. Green and brown is definitely her color. she wears a brown overcoat that matches her dress. Underneath the coat she will be wearing a full sleeve white shirt and is tugged in the a wide ribbon. As for her hair, I think open hair with curls will be good.

Ann seems like the mature type who would take the initiative to know the answer or to find out something she wants to. Even though she is mature she is also very fashionable and smart. so I thought that purple would best suit her. Even though her dress is very simple compared to Frances and Rachel she thinks that simple is elegant. 

I have only four characters but I think the color combination and the dress design itself  I chose for each of the characters defines their personality and body language.

No comments:

Post a Comment