Monday, May 12, 2014

Blogologues: production Elements

I'm the director of my piece and I have given the cast different production roles. Umar is responsible for lighting and sound cues. Ankita will be doing the staging. Mezba will also do the sound cues as well as the montage for our production and Sunaira is my assistant director.  Having a director in a theatrical company is extremely important because without a director there is no production or anyone to give others a job to do. As I director I should guide and tell all of the cast members what to do and tell them what needs to be done and check all of their work to make sure that they get their works done on time as well as done correctly. Personally I think that I am going to do a good job fulfilling this role because I've done so. If there were things that I need to learn or practice or work on then that would be organizing everything and putting it together as well as time management. For this role personally right now the before the rough draft performance we need to make sure that we all have out script ready and prepared before our next lesson and then we would have to sit in a group again and make the montage and finally do the staging and then work on other details such as light and sound cues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment