Thursday, May 1, 2014

Blogologues Research Task Part 2: Review a sketch



This is the live performance that I saw and overall it based on this online dating website called OKcupid. Allison (Co-Creator of Blogologues) decided to make a fake OKcupid account under the name Marlababy and she talks about herself ( About me, Favorite books, movies and such) and gets approached by several people who wants to meet her and the end of the show she stops replying back when everyone asks her "Marla?Marla!When are we going out?" In the live performance video that I saw the entire stage didn't fit inside the camera so from time to time I wasn't able to see what was going on but they did use the entire stage and were well spread out. Personally I liked the performance and I found it funny because they all had used a different accent when playing a different character and they stayed in characters as well. so Most of the elements that they used on stage revolved around comedy and Blogologues are meant to be funny. As I have mentioned above that I enjoyed the performance because it is relatable and we do get to meet weird people on the internet such as perverts, Pedophile and such. There was this word that I didn't quite understand which was the last bit about the "safe word" and I searched it up and got the joke and found it extremely funny. If I had the opportunity to change things in the performance I wouldn't because everything works well together and they fit in well since the same person would play another role they would put themselves in different characters by changing the way they talk, the accent and the posture. Overall they did an amazing job of making people laugh (according to the video and personal experience. since I watched the video and I liked it) The Review is valid because it has been written directly by someone who just had watched the video and liked it and also it might help others who may have or have not heard about blogologues and might want to find out more about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment