Thursday, December 12, 2013

Set design Ideas

I had a few different ideas of the stage, also known as set designs. basically we are performing this play called ' A memory of Lizzie Borden ' . And here are some things I wanna get started with. Before I begin,some of these stage takes place not only inside the auditorium. But also in other places. the number and the Item I use are kept constant throughout the different number of  ideas I have for example, I have five different set designs but for all of them I will keep the box and the tree and such
.
Idea no. 1 
The play is set for the gym, Yes the gym. So this would make somewhat similar to a " in the round " stage except the fact the stage will not be round but a rectangle instead.
All of the papers are annotated for more information



Idea no. 2 
Idea no. 1 and 2 is somewhat similar but the positions of the places and transitions are different.  and also this would be performed in the secondary well. When I did this I thought of it as a preview for the play. But I'll get into more detail later.


 Idea no. 3
This would be auditorium. I like this set design because the stage is used evenly and is spread out. Even though the drawing is really bad compared to the previous ones, This is still an idea that could be considered for this play



Idea no. 4 
This was probably my weakest set designs out of all of them. Because the stage is quite empty.





Idea no. 5
Last but not least, This drawing is really clean and all but it's still really empty like my idea no. 4 that I had.




So these were some of my ideas that I had for the play. Most of them are gonna take place inside the auditorium which is a Proscenium stage. Making a set design for a Proscenium stage is easier because the audience is sat only in one side whereas in the round stage, It is far more difficult because you have make sure while acting, that you do not show your back. But even so, these are all of my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment